Let's hear it for Himalayan Salt Scrubs
The distinctive appearance of Himalayan salt makes it stand out from other products you might find in your bathroom. A mixture of fine and coarse little rocks in pretty shades of white, orange and pink, it looks far more exciting than a bottle of shower gel or bar of soap. However, our choice to create a whole line of KiteNest Salt Scrubs goes far beyond its pleasing aesthetic. In fact, using a Himalayan Salt Scrub benefits the skin in ways that can’t be achieved just using soap or a shower gel.
For starters, the distinctive large granules of Himalayan salt create a rough texture, making it perfect for digging deep to clean pores thoroughly, allowing the skin to breathe. Over time, dead skin cells build up which can cause a dull or flaky appearance. Scrubbing away these top layers of dehydrated cells encourages the regeneration of new skin and produces a rejuvenated, youthful glow. The large, coarse granules of Himalayan salt also help to stimulate blood circulation. By exfoliating in a circular motion, the abrasive texture invigorates skin, strengthening and firming the tissue which makes it look and feel rejuvenated.
While we all like the idea of youthful, glowing skin, many young people instead struggle with unbalanced, often oily skin. No fear! As well as tightening skin and diminishing large pores, Himalayan salt also has natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties. This means it may help disinfect acne-prone skin which could help reduce breakouts across your body.
We find that the benefits of using a Himalayan Salt Scrub are not just limited to the body. Using a salt scrub can also help with stress relief, because the process of consciously setting aside time to focus on yourself and take care of your body can work wonders on mental and emotional wellbeing. With such busy and stressful lives, prioritising ourselves is something with which many of us struggle. Taking the time to focus only on pampering and nourishing your body can be a great way to refocus when things feel a bit overwhelming, and it can become a soothing way to pamper and nourish your mind as well.
We hand-make four different Himalayan Salt Scrubs so, whether you’re after a refreshing minty kick, a citrusy twist of lemon & lime, the comforting scent of orange & ginger, or a pure unscented delight, we’ve got you covered. All KiteNest Salt Scrubs are 100% natural, cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.
Tips for exfoliating with a Himalayan Salt Scrub
- Depending on how your skin behaves, aim to exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Wet the skin before applying KiteNest Himalayan Salt Scrub.
- Exfoliate in a circular motion to help boost circulation whilst cleaning pores and removing dead skin cells.
- The large salt granules are very coarse and can be abrasive so work it over the skin gently - exfoliating too vigorously could damage the healthy skin cells underneath, leaving skin red and sore.
- Invigorating the skin will produce a rosy glow and skin will feel soft and firm.
- Gently wash off the salt scrub and pat your body dry with a soft towel.
- We recommend applying a natural moisturiser, such as a KiteNest Body Butter, to the skin afterwards to leave skin feeling gorgeously silky soft and well-nourished.
Sounds good, right? Buy a KiteNest Himalayan Salt Scrub and Body Butter gift set here.